This 2-day workshop is intended for beginners, but could also be a good refresher if you’ve let your skills (and saw) get rusty. You will learn chainsaw safety, what safety gear is needed and what to look for when buying a chainsaw. Learn how to and buck and fell of small (and possibly large) trees safely. PPE required. These are full days, and only light snacks will be provided. Please bring a lunch!
Sessions will include:
• Personal Protective Equipment Review
• Other Safety equipment
• Buying and maintaining a saw
• Demonstrations of safe-felling techniques
• Hands-on opportunity for felling and bucking
• Assessing the safety of the cuts
• Answers to your chainsaw questions!
Cost: $150. Scholarships available through Women of the Maine Outdoors. Space is limited!
Click here to register. For more information, contact Amanda Mahaffey at email@example.com, or at 207-432-3701.